The Bakery Townhomes will replace what used to be an Omar Bakery. In 1927 the Omar company was created by William Coad, a Nebraska flour mill owner. The building featured downstairs laundry, upstairs apartments, and a ground floor grocer. By the mid-1950s Indiana had 280 men in routes from 12 distribution points in the state and 91 in Indianapolis. In 1958 Omar Bakeries were acquired by Continental Baking Co. On February 4, 1966, what is now "The Bakery," was closed down along with all other distributions in Indiana and moved to Ohio. In 1967 Omar Bakery deliveries to Indiana were suspended. The building has been standing since and now this location will continue to provide a place for memories to be made.