May 2, 2017 | Home Care
Maximize life of garage door and minimize noise or wear through regular maintenance.
1) Pull the red handled release cord to disconnect the garage door from the opener.
2) Raise and lower the door by hand to check for squeaking or binding which would indicate the roller bearings need to be lubricated.
3) Apply a spray lubricant to each roller bearing, shaft and track as needed
4) Check the springs for proper operation by manually lifting the garage door up and down. if the door feels heavy or threatens to slam down, the door may need professional servicing.
5) Make sure to reengage your garage door to the opener by pressing your opener.The door is now ready for use.