Just eight miles south of St. Paul, Cottage Grove takes pride in its community-oriented approach with a focus on local parks and recreation. The city is north of the Mississippi River and just a quick jaunt to the St. Croix River. The city shares in the growth of its nearby southeastern suburbs and has a rich history, still seen through the architectural influences of the past.
- Whatever outdoor activity you’re looking for, chances are you’ll find it at one of the many parks within Cottage Grove including Kingston, which offers 11 soccer fields, basketball courts, tennis courts and access to the Cottage Grove Trailway Corridor and Woodridge Park, featuring a sand volleyball court and an ice skating rink.
- Visit the green named one of Golf Digests’ “Best Place to Play” at River Oaks Golf Course, one of the best municipal golf courses in Minnesota.
- Indulge your sweet spot at Cottage Grove’s annual Strawberry Fest, a four-day event featuring food, music and fireworks.
- Known as one of the best summer theaters in the state, Cottage View Drive-In stays true to the same traditions it did when it opened in 1966 – great movies for a great price.
- Visit a piece of history at Cedarhurst Mansion, a 26-room extraordinary farm house that’s welcomed notable figures from U.S. Presidents to foreign dignitaries.