NOTICE TO EMPLOYMENT APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS UNDER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS ACT (“CPRA”)
Last Updated: March 31, 2023
This is notice under the CPRA that, in connection with your application for employment and, if you are extended an offer, pre-employment and/or employment onboarding, as applicable, the Company (defined as Lennar Corporation and/or any of its affiliated entities) collects information about “consumers” (for purposes of this notice, individuals residing in California). In particular, the Company collects the following categories of personal information regarding consumers, which specifically includes applicants, employees and independent contractors residing in California:
We collect the following categories of sensitive personal information regarding applicants, employees and their emergency contacts and beneficiaries, and independent contractors:
The Company does not use or disclose the above sensitive personal information for any purpose other than those permitted under the CPRA.
The personal information and sensitive personal information described above are collected directly from you when you apply for employment or through third-party recruiters. Such information is not sold or shared as such terms are defined under the CPRA, and the Company does not have actual knowledge that it sells or shares the personal information of California residents under 16 years of age.
The Company collects, uses and discloses the personal information, including sensitive personal information, described above only for business purposes related to your application for employment and/or any post-offer and onboarding activities, as applicable. Those purposes may include:
- To evaluate an applicant's qualifications and suitability for employment;
- To administer pre-employment tests and training activity;
- To complete the onboarding process;
- To conduct criminal and other background checks;
- To manage the terms and conditions of employment, such as payment of wages/salary, direct deposit authorization, the provision and administration of benefits and leaves of absence and maintenance of emergency contact information;
- To prepare and maintain legally required records, such as I-9 forms, EEO-1 forms and affirmative action plans;
- To provide a safe work environment;
- To enable employees to participate in Company health contests (e.g., walking sprees);
- To manage employee timekeeping;
- To maintain information regarding training, disciplinary action, injuries and other employment history;
- To ensure compliance with Company policies (including privacy and security and safety protocols related to remote work) and legal requirements;
- To meet tax obligations;
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible; and To achieve other operational purposes for which the personal information was collected that are compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected and our employment or independent contractor relationship for that activity.
We will retain the personal information, including sensitive personal information, described above as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.
As a California resident, you have the following rights under the CPRA:
Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of certain personal information, including sensitive personal information, about you as described below:
- The specific pieces of personal information collected;
- The categories of personal information collected;
- The categories of sources from whom the personal information is collected;
- The purpose for collecting, selling or sharing the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have sold or shared, and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or shared, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold or shared; and The categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information: You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing: As stated above, we do not sell or share, as defined by CPRA, applicant or employee personal information.
Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information for Certain Purposes: As stated above, we do not use or disclose your sensitive personal information for any purpose other than those permitted under the CPRA.
Freedom from Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights above, including not to be retaliated against for exercising such rights.
To exercise the rights above, you must submit a verifiable request to us by completing the following webform: Privacy Request; by calling us at: 1-844-232-0929; or submitting a request via email at privacyinfo@Lennar.com.
To submit a verifiable request, you will be asked to provide certain information to help us verify your identity. The information we ask you to provide to initiate a request may differ depending upon the type of request, the type, sensitivity, and value of the personal information that is the subject of the request, and the risk of harm to you that may occur as a result of unauthorized access or deletion, among other factors. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by providing the agent with signed written permission to do so. If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this notice, please contact Lennar at: privacyinfo@Lennar.com.